1. Determine the square and configuration of the floor to be heated. While measuring take into account that there shouldn’t be any stationary furniture or domestic machines. Calorique heating elements should be situated the way that they are not lapped over one another, even partially. Nothing should interfere, no decorative elements, plinth or other parts of the floor. Otherwise heating panels can get overheated. The heating panels should be placed lengthwise the room. In this case there will be more entire strips and fewer connection points of the assembling wires. If there is electric wiring in the floor it should be kept at the minimum distance of 50 mm away from the heating panels. It should be separated by thermal insulation materials filling this space. Between Calorique™ heating panels and heat sources there should be kept the minimum distance of 200 mm. Among heat sources we consider hot pipes, fireplaces, ovens etc.
2. Prepare Calorique™ heating elements. The heating film should be cut along the heating strips following the dashed line. It is prohibited to cut the strips in a distinct manner. Install terminal clamps on the prepared heating element. Where current-carrying metallic strips pass, the film is two-layer. For this reason one side of the terminal clamp should be inside the thermo film, the other, outside on the contact strip.
Fix the clamp with flat-nose pliers, a hammer or any other special instrument. Make sure that the connection is safe. Insulate both sides of the cut lines of the contact strip which is at the end of the thermo film using bitumen coating which is included in Calorique™ set.
Prepare electric wires ( cross section not less than 2.5 mm2) which are also included in Calorique™ set. Lead the skinner to the point and press it with flat-nose pliers or a hammer. Insulate electric wire connections with contact clamp using bitumen coating on both sides.
The heating elements are connected in parallel, the maximum length of one strip is indicated in the table. The maximum total power of the heating elements connected to one heat controller should not exceed 3200 W. When you connect the heating system take into account additional electric devices which can also be connected to the same electric circuit. If the total power of one heating system exceed 3200 W we recommend to perform the connection using a separate electric wiring with automatic switch protection. In this case the connection of the heating elements to the heat controller should be performed through the contactor (magnetic starter).
3. Install steam and water insulation on the previously aligned draft floor cleared of sharp details (nails, screws etc). You should put a layer of steam and water insulation (thermal-resistant film; the density not less than 140 g/m2) leaving 20 cm free. Then fix the layer with a scotch tape.
4. Install heat-insulation with reflecting layer on the basis of expanded polyethylene covered with 3 mm thick metalized lavsan covering). The reflecting layer is a required point while using Calorique™ system. Fix it with a scotch tape.
Avoid using materials with aluminum reflecting layer!
5. Install Calorique™ heating elements onto the heat-insulation with contact strips down. The elements are laid overlapped the way that the contacts of the nearby strips don’t come in touch. If the installation process of the heating elements is correct, all the notations should be read correctly. Fix the heating elements with painters scotch, furniture nails or a stapler ( in case of a wooden draft floor) to avoid strips displacement at the next laying.
Fix the elements only through a transparent rim on the sides of the element. Don’t fix it closer than 6.4 mm to any feeding section of the element which also includes painted silver electric bus lines. Place the wires the way that the main wiring can pass under the plinth. In the places of the insulation of the contact strips and clamps the system is thickening, that is why you should make cuts in the heat-insulation to align the surface for the final covering.
6. Examine the wall visually, make sure that wire fixation is safe, check the insulation. Measure the resistance of each heating strip, its value. After elimination of any possible short circuit sources or mending of broken circuits, try the system one more time.
7. Fix the temperature sensor within 3-5 cm distance away from the heating part of the panel (the black one). Previously you should make cuts in heat-insulation for the sensor. Connect the heating elements and the sensor to the heat controller.
8.Switch on the heat-controller. After several minutes put your hand on the heating element. The film shouldn’t be hot, but should be driving out comfortable heat.
9. On making sure that the performance of the heating elements is correct, cover all the floor square with steam and water insulation. You should lay it leaving at least 20 cm free. Fix it with scotch.
10. Put laminate or wooden board on the upper layer of steam and water insulationin accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction.