1. Prepare Calorique™ heating elements. The heating film should be cut along the heating strips following the dashed line. It is prohibited to cut the strips in a distinct manner. Install on the prepared heating element terminal clamps. Where there pass current-carrying metallic strips, the film is two-layer. For this reason one side of the terminal clamp should be inside the thermo film, the other, outside on the contact strip.
Fix the clamp with flat-nose pliers, a hammer or any other special instrument. Make sure that the connection is safe. Insulate the wire and contact connections using a special plastic insulator from the set. After installation fill the space inside it with thermal sealant.
Prepare electric wires ( cross section not less than 2.5 mm2) which are also included in Calorique™ set. Lead the skinner to the point and press it with flat-nose pliers or a hammer.
Insulate the wire and contact connections using the special plastic insulator from the set. After installation fill the space inside it with thermal sealant.
2. There should be heat-insulation of required thickness between the beams (slag wool, basalt fiber, foam board etc). If you are dealing with cosmetic repair of a house or a flat, then heat-insulation has already been made and this item can be missed.
3. Install heat-insulation with reflecting layer on the basis of expanded polyethylene covered with 3 mm thick metalized lavsan covering. Fix it with a stapler or furniture nails to the beams of the floor with the reflecting layer up. Between the reflecting layer and the final covering there should be 5-7 cm distance. Install Colorique™ heating elements above the reflecting base in parallel with the beam they will be fixed to. Between the reflecting base and the heating film and aslo between the film and the final covering lower surface there should be air-gap clearance.
Fix the heating elements with a stapler or furniture nails to the beams of the floor leaving about 150 mm space from the walls or parting walls from the side of the contacts to connect the wiring or other details.
Nails and fasteners should be hammered every 300 mm from each side of the heating set. In case the difference between the beams is more than the width of the film, hammer to the beams additional wooden strips and fix the film to them.
4. Connect the heating panels in parallel then connect to the heat controller.
5. Install the temperature sensor fixing it with metallized scotch to the beam of the floor 3-5 cm away from the heating element. ATTENTION! For reasons of safety we recommend to use heat controller with air and floor temperature sensors which can be adjusted depending on the temperature of the air.
6. Test the system, check insulation, wire and mounting safety.
7. Install the final covering.
8. Enjoy your comfortable “warm floor”.